Aromatherapy Bath Salts
Making your own aromatherapy bath salts is fun, easy and super-beneficial to your skin! Who doesn't love a relaxing soak in the tub after a long day? With a few simple ingredients, you can turn average bath time into a luxurious, skin-loving, aromatherapeutic experience!
A good homemade bath salt recipe will include your choice of the following ingredients:
- Epsom Salts has been used for natural remedies for years. From exfoliating dead skin cells to muscle cramp and pain relief, this is a staple to your bath salts recipe.
- Baking Soda-is used to detoxify the body from excess alcohol, caffeine and other medications. After a long soak in a baking soda bath, you will feel renewed and refreshed!
- Citric Acid-Adding citric acid to your bath salts recipes will help to preserve your homemade skin care products. Combined with baking soda, you will have a slightly fizzy, skin-softening addition to your recipe.
Buy These Products Here!
Here are just a few Essential Oils Recipes to get you started in your aromatherapy bath salts.
If You Need Any Of These Essential Oils in These Recipes
Just Click On Them!
Aromatherapy Bath Salts Recipe #1
- 2 1/2 C. Epsom Salts
- 1 C Baking Soda
- 1/2 C of Citric Acid
- 2 1/2 tsp Sweet Almond Oil (or carrier oil of your choice)
- Various Essential Oils Recipes
<-----I made this batch with a eucalyptus, ginger and peppermint essential oils recipe for a muscle-relaxing soak!
- Combine the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl until all of the clumps are broken.
- Mix your essential oils blend and set to the side. Between 1 & 1 1/2 tsp. should be enough for this recipe. It's hard to convert to drops but about 60 drops is a good estimate.
- Add the carrier oil to your essential oils recipe.
- Mix everything together and blend it well. Use your hands if you need to!
- Package in a plastic jar or bag.
The combination of citric acid, baking soda & moisture can have a pressure build-up and that is no bueno!
Natural Aromatherapy Bath Salts Recipes #2
You can easily customize your own Bath Salts Recipes blend:
- 1 C Epsom Salts
- 1/2 C Sea Salts
- 20-30 drops Essential Oils
- 2-3 T Dried Flowers & Herbs I used Lavender & Rosemary
- Mix together and store in an air tight jar.
- Use 1/2 C per bath time
I'd love to hear some of the bath salt recipes that you've tried. Let's put some of our ideas together so we have a great resource to refer back to!
Click here to add your own creation or to see other people's ideas!
Detox Bath Salts
Taking a detox bath salts soak is an effective way to clear your body from excess medication, alcohol and caffeine build-up.
Click here to get the complete recipe and detox benefits
Aromatherapy Bath Salts Recipe > Homemade Skin Care
Please use caution in using any of these bath salt recipes. If you are pregnant, on medication or have heart problems, consult your doctor before trying them.
Return to Easy-Home-Made Home Page
Copyright 2012-2014 Easy-Home-Made.com
all rights reserved