Easy Home Made
A Few of Your Favorite Things!
Chocolate Recipes 101
Chocolate is my downfall. Whether it's a Hershey Bar with Almonds or a rich dark chocolate infused with deep espresso. Either way, just hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt!
Here are some excellent Chocolate Copycat Recipes because you know what they say..."Forget love~I'd rather fall in chocolate!
Copycat York Peppermint Patties Chocolate Recipes
- 1 egg white
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil or extract
cornstarch for dusting
1 package (16 ounce size) semi-sweet chocolate chips or dipping chocolate
- In a glass or metal bowl, beat the egg white until it forms stiff peaks.
- Continue blending and add the powdered sugar slowly until it's combined into the mixture.
- Add the peppermint flavoring and the corn syrup. After it's mixed in, knead the mixture with your hands until it's has a smooth texture.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin to 1/4 inch thick. You can use powdered sugar or cornstarch to dust the surface.
- Using small cookie cutters, cut out your peppermint patties. A round cutter works great-or I've used a heart shaped cutter for Valentine Gifts.
- Gently place them on a cutting board and put in the refrigerator for an hour. This way they are nice and hard for dipping in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips or dipping chocolate and dip these yummy confections, coating completely.
- Place your peppermint patties onto waxed paper and chill until hardened.
Return to Easy-Home-Made Home Page
Copyright 2012-2015 Easy-Home-Made.com
all rights reserved