Easy Home Made
A Few of Your Favorite Things!
Copycat Peppermint Patty Recipe
copycat peppermint patty recipe
Here's a quick and easy chocolate recipe that you can whip up in an afternoon!
Who doesn't love Peppermint Patties? Famously known for their foil wrapper and red and blue logo! And frozen....Oh my! Frozen Peppermint Patties are the best!! This copycat recipe is easy to make and sure to be a hit! With just six simple ingredients, you are on your way to making a fabulously popular treat!
For fun, you could cut out heart shapes and wrap them in colored foil to give as easy homemade gift ideas or just hide them in the freezer and save them for yourself!
- 1 Egg White
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- 4 C Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 C Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 7 Ounces of Dipping Chocolate
Learn to make your own Peppermint Extract Here
Copycat Peppermint Patty Recipe Directions
- In a glass or metal bowl, beat the egg white until it forms stiff peaks.
- Continue blending and add the powdered sugar slowly until it's combined into the mixture. When it starts to get stiff, add the lemon juice.
- Add the peppermint flavoring and the corn syrup. After it's mixed in, knead the mixture with your hands until it's has a smooth texture.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin to 1/4 inch thick. You can use powdered sugar to dust the surface.
- Using small cookie cutters, cut out your peppermint patties. A round cutter works great-or I've used a heart shaped cutter for Valentine Gifts.
- Gently place them on a cutting board and put in the refrigerator for an hour. This way they are nice and hard for dipping in chocolate.
- Melt the dipping chocolate and dip these delightful confections, coating completely.
- Place your peppermint patties onto waxed paper and chill until hardened.
**hints: I melt my chocolate with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. It's a yummy way to enjoy the benefits of coconut oil.
Copycat Peppermint Patty Recipe > More Gifts for Foodies
Return to Easy-Home-Made Home Page
Copyright 2012-2015 Easy-Home-Made.com
all rights reserved