Homemade Air Fresheners
While perusing Pinterest last week I found a myriad of Homemade Air Fresheners. There are so many great ideas floating around out there that I thought I'd take a few of the more interesting ones and adapt them to fit in with the rest of my environmentally friendly cleaning products.
Once again, take some simple ingredients, mostly items that are already in the pantry, add some wonderful aromatherapy oils and VOILA!
Try these aromatherapy recipes or click here for more
Scented Gel Air Fresheners
With a crazy dog, a foraging cat, and a hard-working man around the house, there seems to be a variety of smells emanating my living space. Now, I love the coziness of a nice pumpkin-spiced candle, but I have been known to leave a candle burning and...well it makes for an interesting story! These homemade air fresheners are not only safe, they can be customized with essential oils recipes to create a mood, a purifying effect, or some natural remedies for stress!
- Glass Jars
- Essential Oils or Fragrance Oils
- Food Coloring Desired
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- 1 C Boiling Water
- 1 C Cold Water
- Spray bottle w/ alcohol for the air bubbles
Don't forget the salt!---------->
(it keeps the jello from molding)
Easy Peasy Directions!
- When you're choosing your jar, remember that you're going to have about 2 cups of air freshener. You can divide up your colors and scents however you'd prefer.
- In each jar, put 1 or 2 drops of your food coloring and 20-30 drops of aromatherapy oils. I use DoTerra, a very pure and concentrated oil, so I add 8-10 drops of my essential oils recipe and that is perfect!
- Now start boiling 1 C of water and set aside 1 C of cold water.
- When your water is boiling, add the salt and 4 envelopes of unflavored gelatin.(don't open them over the boiling water or it will be hard to pour out)
- When the gelatin and salt are dissolved, add the cup of cold water and stir to combine.
- Now, just pour your water into each prepared jar stirring gently. There's not a huge rush-you'll have plenty of time!
- You may have some air bubbles on the top, simply spritz your homemade air fresheners over the air bubbles and watch them disappear!
- Let these sit and harden overnight and Shazam! You've done it again! Another great environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-allergenic, super-cool product for your home!
Return To Top of Homemade Air Fresheners Page
Homemade Air Freshener Spray
I love to spritz! Adding a spritz of homemade air fresheners is a quick and easy way to influence the mood of a room either for more concentration, relaxation or more energy! The vodka acts as an emulsifier enabling the oils to mix with the water. Keep out of the reach of children!
*hint* Use Lavender aromatherapy oils and spray onto your pillow for sweet, restful sleep!
All You Need To Gather
- A clean, empty spray bottle
- 1 1/4 C of Distilled Water
- 1/8 C unflavored Vodka
- Essential or Fragrance Oils
All You Need To Do:
1. Mix the vodka & essential oils together.
2. Pour this into your spray bottle
3. Add the water and shake it!
4. Shake before each use.
~Two Quick & Easy Homemade Air Freshener Ideas~
Knock-Off William Sonoma Secret!
- Add some water to a small saucepan.
- Place a few sprigs of rosemary, a few slices of lemon & glug of vanilla
- Keep it simmering on the stovetop, adding water as necessary
- Lemony~Rosemary~Vanilla Goodness!
This rosemary grows in my garden and smells so yummy!
Feel free to vary your recipes to your favorite scents!
Homemade Carpet Freshener
- Fill a Parmesan Cheese container 3/4 full of baking soda. (You know, the cheesy stuff with the green lid)
- Add 8-12 drops of your favorite aromatherapy oils.
- Now it's easy to freshen up your carpet, bathroom rugs and trash can, or sprinkle into some smelly shoes!
Return to Easy-Home-Made Home Page
Copyright 2012-2013 Easy-Home-Made.com
all rights reserved