Easy Home Made
A Few of Your Favorite Things!
Vintage Fabric Flower
vintage fabric flower
Fabric and paper flowers are super easy to make and a rewarding afternoon project. Whether you're looking for cheap wedding ideas, homemade fabric flowers, or an easy homemade gift idea, we have several flower tutorials to keep you busy!
Go to Coffee Filter Flowers from Vintage Fabric Flowers
This fabric flower can be made in just a few minutes. With some simple scraps of fabric, eyelash yarn strands, and some bling from your bling stash (we all have one!) you can enjoy these little beauties in just a few minutes!
List of Supplies
- Scraps of fabric-tulle, satin, silkyish...just experiment with it
- Eyelash yarn
- Pearls or rhinestones...as blingy as you want!
- Glue gun and stapler
- Candle & lighter or matches
- Cut several circles in your desired sizes. I used 7 circles because I wanted them to be full. I made them all about 3 inches in diameter and definitely not perfect. The imperfections add beauty!
- Cut several strands of the eyelash yarn, 3 or 4 inches larger than the circles. I used 5 strands per flower.
- Hold the circle edges close (but not too close) to the flame. Yes, this does require some experimenting...trial & error. As the flame slightly singes the circle edges, they will curl upward and form layers of petals.
- Now, take your circles with the singed edges and carefully singe the centers of the circles as well. This will add texture and design to your homemade fabric flowers.
- Lay four of the strands onto the center of a circle with a couple of inches on each side as shown below. Attach it with hot glue or a stapler.
- Add the remaining six flower circle petals on top of this piece and staple them together.
- Using the final piece of yarn, scrunch it up, add a dab of glue in the center of the flower and stick it on as shown above.
- Add the pearl or rhinestone if desired.
These are just so sweet and easy! You can use them in cheap wedding decorations, maybe a vintage fabric flower pin, or to embellish a frame. Play with different colors and fabrics for a variety of results!
Return to Easy-Home-Made Home Page
Copyright 2012-2015 Easy-Home-Made.com
all rights reserved